1. Do you believe in God and an afterlife? Some believe in a literal heaven and hell. Others believe in things like reincarnation. There are those who have the belief that one just ceases to exist. How about you? If you believe in a literal heaven and hell, then go to the next question.
2. What is your concept of a literal heaven? What is your concept of a literal hell?
3. Here is how heaven is described in the Book of Revelation. The Apostle John had a vision recorded in chapters 21 and 22: He said that God will dwell among the people and will “wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there shall no longer be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning, or crying or pain, the first things have passed away…making all things new.” The heavenly city “has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine upon it, for the glory of God has illumined it…and the nations shall walk by its light…” People who go there will reign forever and ever with an eternal, conscious existence in the presence of a loving God. Doesn’t this make you want to go there?
4. How do you believe a person “qualifies” for heaven? If you say it’s because of being religious, or doing good works, or being a very righteous person, then who or what determines that he or she has done enough to qualify?
5. Going to heaven is not determined by who we are, or what we have done with our lives, but there is a way you can know for sure that you are going there. I am going to leave that unanswered for now. If you really, really want to know, you can go to my contact page on this site and email me.